Saturday 30 June 2007

Very disappointed..

Oxford dictionary, 'disappointed': sad or displeasure because one's hopes or expectations have not been fulfilled.
Well, we made it pass the division level round and now we're going to go to Bintulu for the state level secondary school choir competition that is coming up in around a little more than two weeks. For the seniors who have went through this same path before, I'm sure that our competitors are at their best yet. So the Batu Lintang choir army is marching on.. even without Pn Luk.
It's not an impossible task, and I believe in the potential of our school choir. Today morning we actually had a sectional practice just for the guys that started at 10.30 and ended at 12.00pm. (It started at 10.30 because we had a compulsory 'gotong-royong' for all the morning sessions before that) And when I walked in about 2 minutes after 10.30 and opened the bilik kuliah door, guess what? There was not one person present!
A few came later, but more than half of them were not present. A few were busy with the Genesis Quest thingy that also took place on this Saturday morning. And there were others.. with other reasons.
Needless to say, I am very, very disappointed.
To all the present choir members, I want to say this: wake up. Remember that we're competing against a choir that has a record about as impressive as ours in the choir competition. We're up against the best. Wake up! In the following two weeks, we can either make it or not. We have to decide whether we want to do this or not!
I'm simply wasting my time working so hard if all of you are going to keep finding thousands of excuses to keep yourselves away from practices.
Have I been too lenient to you all? Have any of you realized that we are going to face our toughest competition yet in Bintulu in about two weeks time, and that we're going to be performing on July 14 alongside some of the best choirs in Kuching?
Wake up people! You guys either give your all or not do anything at all!
I'm very disappointed and this kind of things will never be tolerated again. When there are practices, find ways to come, not escape!
The following two weeks will be crucially important. I hope you all wake up and start being a responsible choir member. I'm already doing my best and giving my all.
Please, no more nonsense from now on.
Do it for each other. Do it for the choir. Do it for the school. Do it for Pn Luk! Do it for the seniors who have worked hard to earn the SMK Batu Lintang choir a good name!

Me to choir members: I BELIEVE in you..

Remember, all that you have done and sacrificed for the choir will not be forgotten.

It's time to make history, guys.

1 comment:

Gloria said...

yah!!!100%support from me to u SPONGE-BABE!=)