Thursday 7 June 2007

Response to Jonathan and Choir Update

Hi ya all,

I thought that this was important to deserve a blog post on its own. I want to have a response to Jo's blog post that said I sweared and cursed and also update you readers on how our choir has been lately
Here's the thing: I was getting quite tired and 'agitated' because I didn't think the choir was improving at all, and it really is kinda frustrating if you keep practicing the same thing over and over again with the same mistakes over and over again and the same corrections over and over again. So I got to an all-time low, and I had a chat with Nurul and Cg Susie. They told me to be more positive, and I did try my best, I really did, but it isn't quite as easy as it seems.
So they told me to share my feelings with the choir, and I did lor.. So I told them why I have been more to the negative side lately, and shared with them candidly what I felt. I then said something like I'm not being on my bad side on purpose, nor purposely showing what some might describe as a 'bitchy' attitude... Then some members were all teasing me that I supposedly used a 'swear' word.
BUT...
I don't consider it a swear word for obvious reasons. No. 1, it is used commonly to describe a kind of attitude, so it's an adjective, not a swear word. No. 2, I was referring to MYself, so how can that be swearing? No. 3, the Webster's dictionary does not mention that it's vulgar.
So things cleared up...
Anyways, after my candid share of how I felt, I divided the sections to stand in a circle for each section and went around helping them get their parts right. I don't understand how or why, but the choir started to improve a lot, and the bonding between members just became so much so strengthened. At the end of the practice, we were all quite happy and proud of our improvements.. We could really feel the bonding between members..
And the freshly discovered motivation and hope that we can do better.
Probably was a good thing that happened, seeing the good it did for the choir. I guess if you go so low until you can't go any lower, the only direction you can go is up. : )
Division level choir competition is just around the corner.. We're really working hard to get our act together. Seniors, you are most welcomed to drop by any time to visit us and give some constructive criticism.

Ryner

2 comments:

Jonathan said...

It's good that you stopped whining. Even today, see how much progress we made?

We're nearly there boy....sleepy

suk_thin said...

well like cikgu susie said 'when there's a will, there's a way'.. it's easier to improve when the choir is singing happily thanks to your compliments. it really feels good when we're singing, u'll say 'very good, very good'.. so cut down 'horrible, 1 out of 10'.. ahhahah ( ur style of laughing)
keep up d good work guys!