Saturday 16 June 2007

3 days to go

I just wanna remind everyone to not start getting nervous because there is absolutely no point to start feeling nervous. If anything, you should begin to feel EXCITED, NOT nervous.



I've witnessed and unfortunately experienced how it is when one of my mate was thinking too much, lost his nerves and messed up big time. He forgot the one essential thing of being in this choir I guess, that is to have FUN singing.



Let me reiterate once again the purpose of this school choir. As you can see from the history bar on the right side of this blog, SMK Batu Lintang choir was not created for the sole purpose of participating in inter-school competitions and winning them, it is also to make beautiful music through singing.



Do not be so...so...FOCUS-DRIVEN on the aim of being champs of Kuching until you forget to just relax and enjoy what you're singing. I know there may seem like there is a huge amount of pressure on us to accomplish that aim, but the truth of the matter is that pressure is all in your head. People do not have expectations for us to win. They only have expectations for us to give the best that we can give. So don't fret too much people!!!



I believe all of the seniors that are still in the choir would reaffirm me when I say that we sound pretty darn good at this moment. Even the old choir members (Nicholas Kho, Eng Jia Yih and the-other-guy-whose-name-i-do-not-know-very-very-sorry) that came in to listen to us on Friday mentioned we sounded good. So don't lose your confidence guys!



Also, about falling sick....haha. There is nothing in the world that we can do about it now right? I notice that most of those who are sick are the seniors. Speaking from my own experience, because I am one of the *counts with fingers* eight who fell sick in the space of 4 DAYS this week, we've been pushing ourselves a bit too muchh to get the best out of us and out of our respective sections. Honestly, it is a lot of stress if a member of the section repeats the same mistakes over and over again. Ask Nurul!!!!



That is why tomorrow's break from practice is very God-sent. God Bless you Madam Anita. I think we all desperately need the break after working our asses of for the past week, especially our conductor.



I hope that everybody will come back in on Monday morning with the same enthusiasm and drive as ever before, if not MORE. Remember, we are singing not because we want to win competitions, but because we love to sing (just reiterating Mr Lee's point)



God bless guys. Rest well and game on on TUESDAY!!!!!!









goodness gracious me, this is my most formal post in any blogs to date!! so dramatic

No comments: