Sunday 17 June 2007

Preparations Made for the Competition

Hi everyone,

Hah.. competition coming up so soon and I really have to admit that it has really been tiring and pressuring at times. Especially the fact that people are getting SICK.. even when I told everyone plainly, "Don't get sick." A few are even so sick that they cannot even make it to practice, and that really puts unnecessary pressure on me... *pressure.. pressure...*
Not to mention that some STILL have excuses to skip practices, though only a few.. Even on Saturday when I strictly told them that whoever does not come on that day will no longer be in the team, some STILL had the bravery to go back early from practice.. For those who have been in the choir in the early years, you can probably understand my frustration at this obvious lack of commitment that leads to more pressure on my part.. *pressure.. pressure..*
The school hall was also used by PBSM for some blood donation activity from 9am to 12pm, so because of that we couldn't use it for practice. And furthermore, we are going to have four microphones on the day of the competition and I thought of using four microphones just to test how it sounds in a hall, but teacher said something about the amplifier not enough and that we could only use two microphones. For that reason, we couldn't use microphones to hear how it sounds in a hall. Even though that's a minor issue, it is after all still a problem.. *pressure.. presure..*
A few people still come late for practice.. *pressure.. pressure..*
The fatigue that comes from spending more than 9 hours in school a day.. *pressure.. pressure..*
The team morale that is not exactly high right now.. The not-so-convicing expressions on the members' faces when they sing.. The changes still made in the songs.. *Pressure!!*
But cut all that emo-ness.. This is what it means to be a conductor anyways, so what am I complaining for? Besides, it's a good experience and Cg Susie says something like she believes all this is teaching me to patient on how to work and deal with people in the future.
We're having a rest on Sunday, and on Monday it's going to be all-out.. Actually we don't sound as bad as many of the members think right now.. It's just that I have big expectations for the choir and I keep pushing them..
(By the way, the look on my face on Saturday had nothing to do with my contempt with Pn Luk.. I in fact really appreciate her coming over to teach us.. It was actually someone in the choir that I felt put a lot of pressure on me and made me the scapegoat for every mistake the choir made.. but we're ok right now.. a misunderstanding I guess..)
I know we can do our best.. Just need to polish some here and theres, and get the team's spirit up and I think we'll be ok.. I'm also sort of relieved that people have gotten sick for the past few days, because then they will probably recover by tomorrow and that's a good thing..
To all the members, I BELIEVE in you all and know we can do our best.. Some of you might not think so, but I also agree that the choir is not about winning competitions, it's about having fun singing. So the main thing about choir is producing a good voice quality that we can be proud of achieving, not necessarily being better than the other choirs. That's why I hope that after the competition is over, we can just have fun singing some other songs as well...
To the sick, you're probably getting better and better. And to the others, section leaders please remind them to have a good rest and do some exercies like jogging to sweat because it'll be good for them. Get yourselves excited for the Monday rehearsal and be confident.. We should be ok if you all follow what you have been told..
We can do it!
*Group hug*

Ryner

No comments: